Friday, August 14, 2015

Au Revoir

In the fall of 2000 I interviewed with Linda Ferguson, Marie Kernodle and others for a position with the AIG program for Asheville City Schools.

To my delight, I was hired and began my assignment at Claxton Elementary.

It has been an absolute delight. "Has been" because it is time to move on.

Many of you may have noticed the hectic nature of my time last year.  I was constantly in motion, travelling every day and juggling the demands of two large populations. In an attempt to more equitably serve gifted students, I will be at Jones Elementary with additional duties at AHS/SILSA in the 15-16 season.

As I have hopefully mentioned many times, it has been my honor to work with so many cool kids and supportive families at Claxton. Thanks to all of them (many now in college and beyond!) and the parents, administrators,  and teachers who so supported me! I am also indebted to ACS - a system that has allowed me such great opportunity!

I leave knowing that Claxton will remain in the good hands of Marti Sullivan and Shannon Hunt.

I wish you all the very best!



No comments:

Post a Comment