Monday, October 20, 2014

Duke 4th/5th Talent Search

Duke University has long worked to provide enrichment opportunities for gifted students. Formally the Talent Identification Program, Duke's 4th-6th Grade Talent Search is available to students scoring at the 95th percentile or better on a number of approved tests. As site coordinator for Claxton Elementary, I recently sent home letters from Duke to qualifying students. One point I would make is that the ACS AIG program considers testing criteria at the 85th percentile or greater. This means that not all AIG students qualify for the Duke program. Another point is that this program is not free. However, there is needs-based assistance available from Duke. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this program. There is also a toll free number on the application form which may be helpful. One other request I would make is to let me know if you find (or have found) this program to be helpful. I have some experience through my role as well as with my own children, however, I'm always interested in other perspectives. Congratulations to these students!

No comments:

Post a Comment