Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How Exciting!

How very exciting it is to be back to school! With awesome new staff in place, it will be another outstanding year at Claxton!

Speaking of new staff, I've met most of the new folks and look forward to working with them. Seasoned veterans, especially in the upper grades, will be working with me this week and next to plan and schedule for AIG students. We are also wrapping up referral work for our alumni who have started at Asheville Middle School. AMS students will re-evaluate for services specific to middle school. Our fifth grade teachers had a big hand in this review.

You may know that my current assignment now includes our sister school, Jones Elementary. I'll be in both schools throughout the week. More specifics for my schedule are forthcoming.

Thanks for your patience as we prepare to kick off AIG services in fourth and fifth grade. It is important to note that ACS does not formally identify AIG students until the second semester of third grade. The referral process has already begun for our current third grades, so we're looking forward to some assessments this fall to aid in this effort.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have! I'm still at

john.pruett@asheville.k12.nc.us
828.350.6512

Hope to talk soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment